- Warranty and repair
- Choose your accessories
- Purchase and delivery
- Set up your membership
- How to register warranty for my bike?
Each DARE bike owner is entitled to a three-year warranty (if you register your product within one month of purchase, the warranty will be extended to six years).
1. Through the "Contact Us” page, you can let us know your product’s problems by providing product information or serial number on your warranty card and pictures.
2. Or you can tell us your requests via customer service platforms (FB or LINE) so that we can help you as soon as possible.
- How to check the repair record of my bike?
If you have registered the product and your membership on our official website, all the warranty and repair records will be listed on Membership Management. Please login to the website to check. If you forget to register or find no relevant information, please contact DARE service center. Please let our customer service representative know your product serial number, and they will help you figure this out.
- Can I have my old bike repainted?
Whether the bike frame you purchased is brand new or used, to ensure the riding safety for our customers, DARE do not provide any repainting service.
1. After the frame is repainted, we won’t be able to tell if the original frame is damaged or not, which will thus affect how we judge whether the frame is safe.
2. According to the terms and conditions, repainted frame will fall outside of DARE’s warranty. We advise that instead of repainting your bike, you should sell your old bike and purchase a new one.
- What about the warranty for accessories of ready-made bikes?
The accessories of DARE ready-make bikes are all from original manufacturers, which will be warranted according to each brand’s terms and conditions regarding warranty. For details please refer to the official website of the accessories you chose.
- How do the accessories differ for ready-made bikes? Can I only buy those of standard specification?
DARE offers our customers diverse collection of accessories, including gear-shifting sets, wheel sets, saddles, and so on, from which you can choose any type you like.
- What is Stem Change Offer?
Stem Change Offer provides you a chance to confirm the stem size for free.
For customers who chose the Stem Change Offer, DARE will first give you an ALU6061 stem. You can let us know the size you need within one month, and then we will give you an ALU7050 stem of your designated size.
- I am not sure if the accessories really suit my needs.
You can contact DARE customer service center through social network service (FB or LINE) or customer service line and email. We will give advice according to your needs.
- Does TSR use electronic gear-shifting system?
Yes, TSR uses high-end electronic gear-shifting system to facilitate your ride, making it more comfortable.
S9E specification is equipped with DURA ACE DI2 9150.
S8E specification is equipped with ULTEGRA DI2 8050.
- Can I only choose either DURA ACE or ULTEGRA for SHIMANO gear shifting sets?
We only manufacture the frame of the best quality for DARE bikes. DARE insists on selecting only the top-notched accessories so that every customer can enjoy authentic experience of riding a high-end bike.
- Why are all the gear shifting systems from the same manufacturer?
In light of brand synergy and our aim to provide our customers with more options for teeth numbers and accessories, for now we only use Shimano high-end components.
- What is the difference between the specification of the wheel set DT SWISS RR22 and that of RR21?
The specification of RR22 and RR21 are similar, but RR22 is only for OEM (no retail sales).
The only difference is the hub used:
RR2 uses 240S hub.
RR22 uses 350 hub.
The 350 hub is also driven by star ratchets, so basically there is no much difference, for the rims and wires are both of the same specification.
- How to apply for refunds?
Please contact our customer service representative as to the refund procedure and return fee. If there is any fee to be charged, it will be deducted from the refund.
If you pay by transfer, your refund will be wired to the original account with which you made the transfer.
If you pay by credit card or via the third party payment, the refund will be issued to your credit card.
- Why can’t I add my bike in the cart but Wishlist instead?
What a pity! Someone beat you to it. Despite DARE offer multiple options for modification such as handlebar and stem sizes, crankset and cassette teeth, any part of them sometimes might be out of stock suddenly. And this would stop you from adding the bike into shopping cart but enable adding to Wishlist instead. It’s recommended to complete your order by changing to available parts or wait for restocking patiently. Please notice that when you add a bike that contains any out-of-stock components onto your Wishlist, the system will only send you an notification email when all required components are restocked.
- When can I collect my bike after placing my order online?
If you purchase a ready-made bike online, the standard bike will take up to 5 to 10 days to deliver, and the customized bike will take up to 45 to 60 days to deliver.
If your order includes “preordered product” or “out-of-stock product”, you cannot place your order or make payments until the product is in stock. Before confirming your order, DARE will give you an estimated delivery time. Once the order is confirmed, we will send an email to you to double confirm.After login to the membership homepage, you can also add the customized bike to your favorite as a reference for future purchase.
- Can I order a bike from overseas?
Our customers can order bikes on our website, but the prices will differ as the tax and transportation fee vary from country to country. If you cannot find your country from the option list on our website, please contact our customer service for how to make purchases.
- How to purchase a bike?
In order to provide our customers with the best assembly quality, DARE has transformed our service into direct sales since 2017. Customers are welcomed to use our official online shopping system to purchase bikes. The product you purchased can be directly delivered to your designated location. If you would like to collect your bike yourselves, you can also have it delivered to any designated DARE service center.
- How to make payments?
You can make payments by direct transfer. You can also pay by credit card using our official website or via Spgateway (third party payment).
- Can I pay by installments?
Customers from Taiwan can pay by three installments with no interest charged, but not for customers from other countries for now.
- I don’t know how to assemble a bike. How to do this when I buy a ready-made bike?
DARE has assembled 85% of the bike. Following the instruction of the attached user’s manual or our video clips, you can easily assemble the rest of 15% by your self. If you encounter any difficulty while assembling the bike, please contact DARE customer service center.
- Can I change the delivery address after placing the order?
You can notify our customer service representative about change of address. Once the product is delivered, additional fee may be charged accordingly if you change the address.
- Can the product be returned? How should I make a return?
You are entitled to free returns within 7 days from the date you receive your bike. No transportation fee will be charged for the first return. However, for any future return, the transportation fee will be charged.
[Returns and refunds]
If you find that the product is damaged or there is any flaw on the bike or its paint, please contact DARE customer service center immediately. Also, when this happens, please do not ride the bike and keep it well packed. Once DARE confirms that we should hold responsibilities for the flaw, you can then send the bike with the box to us for free returns and refunds.
- Are the sizes of all bike frames the same? How can I find the right size for myself?
For each type of DARE bike, you can choose different sizes according to FITTING.
How to find my fit: Select a model > click "Buy" > click "Find my fit" > choose "Quick Setting" or "Advance Setting" to find your frame size.
Please feel free to contact DARE customer service center via our website, social network service (FB or LINE), customer service line, or via email. We will give you advice on how to select the right size.
- Can I have my bike color customized?
Whether it is a frame or ready-made bike that you purchased, you can have the color customized for certain bikes (such as MR1s and VSR). Such customization costs USD 120 which takes about 45 to 50 days to complete.
- To what extent can the color be customized? Can I use the color sets I design by myself?
For customized colors, please refer to MYDARE page. >>http://dare-bikes.com/customize/
- Do you have small size frames?
The smallest size we have for MR1s is 430 (suitable for those taller than 150 cm).While selecting your bike, please make sure it fits your standover height. If you are not clear about this, please email us.
- What is the maximal weight the bike can bear?
For DARE bike frames, the maximal weight of the rider and luggage carried in riding is up to 120 kg.
But please notice that other accessories may not bear the weight up to 120 kg. We advise you to refer to the weight limit of accessories, for it is safer to lower the maximal loading weight.
- Why are there different frames for the top tube near the stem for TSR? One is flat and the other is bulged?
To optimize aerodynamics for the frames of small sizes (XS and XXS), we have redesigned the top tube in accordance with the stem height. Therefore, the small-sized frame looks different from the frame of other sizes.
- Are the bike frames made of carbon fibers?
DARE has applied the M series of high modulus carbon fibers that usually used in aerospace industries to its lamination design, such as M40 and M46. We applied the high-cost T1000 carbon fiber lamination to different areas of the frame, making it not only lightweight but also durable. Such a frame is also highly rigid and resistant to distortion, so as to achieve the optimal cycling efficiency.
- Do you have bikes equipped with disc brakes?
There are also MR1s with disc brakes.
- What kinds of bikes do DARE have? Which bike should I choose if I am new to cycling?
DARE has three types of bikes. You can select your bike according to your needs.
Time trail-TSRTouring bike-GFECross bike-GFXThere are only three types of bikes for now. Gfe/gffx won’t be launched until May 2018.
If you need any help in selecting your bike, please feel free to contact DARE customer service center via social network service (FB or LINE), customer service line, or email. We will give advice according to your needs.
- After ready-made bikes are for sales, do you still sell bike frame sets?
In order to provide professional service on assembly and adjustment to our customers and to ensure the quality of our service, if you would like to purchase bike frames, please consult DARE service centers or authorized distributors worldwide.
- What is crash replacement program?
When a carbon fiber bike is crashed by accident, it may cause dangers in riding.
If you continue riding your bike after an accident or crash, it may not be safe. Our crash replacement program allows you to buy an identical or similar bike frame at a discounted price within three years from the date you bought your bike. ，
- After purchasing a bike from the official website, how should I maintain my bike?
It is suggested that after each riding, you should clean and maintain your bike on your own so as to ensure you have the best riding experience. DARE carbon fiber product should be formally maintained regularly every two years. You can send your bike to us for maintenance or visit our bike shops. For details about relevant fee please refer to DARE service centers.
- How to contact DARE customer representative center?
Customer service line: +886-2-8693-2330
Customer service email: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday (not including Saturday, Sunday, and national holidays)
- What should I do if I forget my account and password?
Please log in to the membership center, click on “Forget my password”, and enter the email address you registered. We will then send the link to your email box. After clicking the link, please follow the instructions to reset your password.
If you registered with your FACEBOOK account, please notice that you cannot retrieve your password from DARE’s website. Please go to the FACEBOOK website to check your password.
- How do I know the product is successfully registered?
After you register your account on the Membership Management page, after it is confirmed by our system, your membership data will be shown below the page of product registration.