A. General terms and conditions
- 1Before you use a DARE product (termed as “this product” below), please read all the terms and conditions in this “user agreement” thoroughly (termed as “this agreement” below). We include these terms and conditions to protect the provider of these membership services and all our customers, which also serves as the principle to which our service will adhere. Please read each term and condition carefully. Once you register or start to use DARE products, you are deemed to understand and agree with all the terms and conditions listed in this agreement.
- 2DARE always respects and aims to protect our users’ rights in using this product (including user privacy, personal information, and so on). DARE owns all the intellectual property rights of its products (including copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, etc.). The fact that you can use DARE’s website does not mean that you are entitled to any copyright or intellectual property right related to the content of our website. In accordance with regulations from all countries and international laws, all the copyrights are protected accordingly.
- 3Please read the relevant terms and conditions in this agreement, and make sure that you have well understood your rights. Once you click on the Confirm buttom, you have simultaneously agreed with this agreement. According to the Electronic Signature Act, this means that you agree to use electronic documents as a way to make formal agreements. You have also authorized our website to notify you about any change to these terms and conditions via email.
B. Return policies
After collecting/receiving your product within seven days, if you find that the product was damaged during transportation, or that the product appearance or paint are flawed, please do not ride it, and keep the entire package. Contact our DARE customer service right away. Once the condition is confirmed, please send the bike back with its box to DARE, and then you will be entitled to a free return within seven days. (Free returns are not viable after seven days of purchase. DARE reserves the right to ascertain if there is truly damage.)
Once you find the product is unfit/flawed/wrongly delivered, please contact our customer service within seven days for a free return. The transportation fee of the first free return for the same order is free of charge. However, the returned product must be brand new (i.e., it hasn’t been used, worn or assembled) and well packaged; otherwise DARE will ont accept the return.
C. Use of product
Please read the user’s manual as well as terms for warranty. Also keep your user’s manual for further reference and for packing for transportation.
- 1Please follow all the assembly instructions in “Assembly for the first time”.
- 2Please follow all the instructions in “Before you ride for the first time”.
- 3Please follow all the instructions in “Suggested riding environment” so that you can ride your DARE bike in appropriate places.
- 4Please follow all the instructions in “Before every time you ride”. Ride your bike only after you have checked if every safety function works well.
- 5While riding DARE bikes, please do regular maintenance according to the user’s manual. For your safety, please do not repair your bike yourself unless you are capable enough of doing so. If you have any queries regarding repair and maintenance, please contact DARE’s customer service representatives.
- 6After riding for 100 kilometers, please recheck whether each screw is tightened well. Remember to use the torque wrench to tighten screws to the correct torque value, and maintain it well. For further details, please refer to the chapter “Suggested torque value” and “Maintenance guideline” in DARE user’s manual.
D. Register online
- 1You should make sure the personal information you provide upon registration is true and correct. If there is any mistake or change, you can edit or update your personal information anytime. Not updating in time means that you agree DARE should provide its service according to your registered information. If such information is incorrect, DARE shall suspend or terminate your membership.
- 2This website will provide you with services as how it functions at the time you register. DARE reserves the rights to add, revise, or cancel all or part of the relevant systems or functions of our website.
- 3E-paper and e-DM delivery: Once you register online, it is regarded that you have allowed DARE to irregularly send e-paper or e-DM to your registered email.
- 4When you use our website to order any product, please refer only to the transaction data on our website or relevant websites. If you have any doubts, please refer to your electronic transaction data.
- 5DARE reserves the rights to apply for, suspend, revise, or terminate any discounted membership service.
- 6DARE shall irregularly update or change relevant information, and when doing so it shall also be in compliance with the laws. You should refer to the updated information. If there is any change, DARE will notify you via email or by posting announcements on our website.
E. Membership account, password and security
- 1When you register on our website, please choose an email that you often use. We will use the email you provide as your account. Please do fill in your information in detail, and do not make repeated registration. To keep your transaction secure, you can change the password whenever you’d like. To change passwords, please go to the membership center on our website. After changing your password, you need to use the new password to login to our website to continue using our service.
- 2You will be identified as an individual by your account and password on our website. Any behavior displayed when using our online service will be regarded as the user’s individual behavior.
- 3You have to set up your membership account and password, and keep it safe. Also, in case of being hacked, you should log out every time when it’s done.
- 4After using the services provided by our website, please remember to log out of your account. If you are sharing a computer with others or using a public computer, do remember to close browser windows.
- 5If you choose to make your purchases by credit card, you should fill in correct details. If we find any fraudulent login or credit card fraud, we will suspend or terminate your membership. If there is any violation of laws, relevant liability will also be investigated. To protect the privacy and rights of our customers, we won’t keep any financial detail such as your credit card number on our website.
- 6If you find or reasonably suspect that a third party has used your membership, please immediately notify DARE, so that we can take proper measures as soon as possible. However, such measures doesn’t mean that DARE is responsible for this incident or should compensate for your loss.
- 7Our website may show you links to external websites or advertisements. When you browse those websites or advertisements, please be careful. DARE do not hold any liability for external websites.
F. Privacy protection
- 1All the data obtained from your membership registration and other personal information (such as transaction data) will be protected and regulated by the “privacy policies” of our website. If you would like to know how DARE protects your personal information, please refer to the “Terms and conditions of privacy” on our website.
- 2We will not disclose any personal information you give us to others without your authorization, except to those who collaborate with our company (termed as “strategic partners” below). Such information includes your name, address, email, and other data protected by the laws.
- 3You agree that DARE and DARE’s strategic partners can access, record, keep, and use the information and record you give to our website, for the purpose of marketing, market analysis, statistics or research, and for providing our members with personalized service, product service, after-sales service, etc. Without disclosing detailed information, we can also publish or use relevant statistical data.
- 4With the specified and published purposes, DARE and its strategic partners may use the personal information you registered or saved on our website, and will take precautionary measures to keep these data safe. However, under the following circumstances, DARE might give your personal information to relevant organizations, or to the third party who claims that their rights have been violated and officially notifies judicial authorities:
(1)When it is required by the law, judicial authorities, or other authorities.
(2)Under the state of emergency where the legal rights of other members or the third party shall be protected.
(3)To protect the safety of our membership service system or the legal rights of the operators.
(4)To improve the public interests.
(5)To protect our members so that their life, bodies, freedom or estates will not be in danger.
(6)To keep the membership service system function normally.
(7)When users violate government regulations or the terms and conditions stated in this agreement.
(8)To prevent others’ rights from being harmed.
- 5Protection of Personal Information
As a company, DARE holds responsibilities for its members and clients, and shall abide by the laws. We shall handle the clients’ personal data we have collected in the following ways:
(1)We shall only process the personal information when necessary.
(2)We shall only collect and process personal information only when it is required.
(3)We shall respect the personal information rights of our clients, including their rights to retrieve, save, and edit these data.
(4)We shall make sure that all users’ personal information are kept safe.
(5)We shall be entitled to the exemption allowed in the laws related to personal information protection.
(6)We shall develop and construct personal data management system as a ground for this policy.
G. Modification and termination
- 1This agreement can be modified anytime. If there is any change to this agreement, DARE will notify you by posting announcements. After modification, continuing to use this product means that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in the updated agreement.
- 2DARE reserves the right to modify, keep, or cancel any service regarding this product without advanced notification.
- 3You have agreed to that if DARE modify, suspend, or cancel any service for this product, DARE shall not hold any liability for you or subcontractors.
- 4Termination of agreement
(1)This agreement shall come into effect on the date of your reception, and shall remain in full force and effect while you are still using this product, until it is terminated.
(2)Despite what is stated above, if the time you use this product is earlier than the time you sign this agreement, you should understand and agree that this agreement comes into effect from the first time you use this product, unless this agreement is terminated before expiration.
(3)Due to what the laws require, we might suspend your right to use this product or your account on our website. We shall terminate this agreement anytime for any reason, whether with or without notification. One of the reasons will be that we believe you might violate our user policies or other regulations stated in this agreement.
H. Applicable laws
The laws and regulations in Taiwan are applicable to this agreement. If there is any dispute, negotiations should be carried out in the principle of amiability. Any dispute arising with respect to this agreement, if not negotiable, shall in first instance be subject to the jurisdiction of the Taipei District Court of Taiwan.
DARE has the right to cancel or revise the policy without additional notification. Please refer to the latest policies on our official website.