A. Warranty period (this warranty is only for the original bike owner and is not transferable)
- 1From 2017 onwards, proof of purchase and DARE’s warranty card grants a warranty period of three years (36 months) beginning on the date of purchase. If a customer completes the product registration within 30 days after purchase, the warranty period is extended to six years (72 months).
Please note that while you may purchase older models during a new model year, your warranty may be affected.
With proof of purchase and a DARE warranty card, pre-2016 models are granted a warranty period of two years (24 months) beginning on the date of purchase. Registering the product within 14 days after purchase will extend the warranty period to three years (36 months).
The proof of purchase must state the date of purchase, product name, amount paid, and must be stamped by the dealer. If the proof of purchase is damaged or lost, warranty cannot be granted.
- 2If a product manufactured by DARE is flawed within the scope of warranty, after being confirmed by DARE, you will enjoy free repair or replacement. If the product is discontinued, we will replace the old one with a new product of equal value.
- 3To protect your rights, please keep your warranty card, receipt or proof of purchase.
- 4DARE reserves the right to decide to repair or replace the flawed product. We also have the right to decide on the type of product for replacement. We also reserve the right of final interpretation in the case of any dispute.
B. Warranty claims
- 1Steps for warranty claims: You need to prepare proof for your purchase and a picture of your product code. Send the picture of the damaged product via email to DARE official customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer service representatives will be at your service.
- 2If a product is repaired or replaced within warranty, after replacement, the warranty period of the new product will start from the original warranty date. (The first day you purchase the product.)
- 3If a product is replaced within warranty period, the old product will become DARE’s property.
- 4In situations outside the scope of warranty not due to flaws, accessories and handling fees will be charged according to the genuine list price.
- 5Extra fees, such as fees caused by assembly and maintenance, transportation, or product malfunction, are not covered by the warranty.
C. Situations outside the scope of warranty
- 1Consumable accessories are not covered by the warranty: Accessories such as inner and outer tires, brake pads, braking wires, gear shifting wires, handlebar covers, chainwheels, chains, cassettes, rims, and hubs are not eligible for warranty.
- 2The product does not have proof of purchase and date of purchase.
- 3The product is out of warranty.
- 4The bike type and product serial number listed on the warranty do not match with the bike or are incomprehensible.
- 5Product serial number is removed, altered, or incomprehensible.
- 6The bike was not used and maintained appropriately according to the instruction manual.
- 7Damaged caused by invasive detergent, or unfit components and inappropriate maintenance/repair.
- 8The bike was modified, or the original specification, paint, or accessories have been altered by the bike owner.
- 9There are noises or vibration from revolvable parts that do not affect the functioning of the bike.
- 10The bike was frequently used by or rented to many people.
- 11The bike was stored inappropriately, or the paint or the color of the metal and plastic components naturally wears off due to long-term use.
- 12If you did not find flaws on the paint of the product within seven days of purchase, all abnormalities related to the bike’s appearance or paint are not covered by the warranty.
- 13Damaged caused by the following reasons:
(1)The product was damaged due to man-made activities, negligence, and excessive or inappropriate use.
(2)The bike was inappropriately assembled (e.g., inappropriately using the torque wrench), or damaged and malfunction caused by being repaired in unauthorized DARE retailers.
(3)The bike was inappropriately disassembled or the genuine accessories are not used (modified parts that are not genuine is used instead).
(4)Deterioration caused by time, such as the impact of UV rays (paint color wearing off or turns yellowish), erosion on the metal surface, and so on.
(5)Repainted product (in whole or in part).
(6)Damage or malfunction caused by natural disasters (earthquakes, typhoon, flood, fire, and so on).
(7)Damage caused by accidents or collision (portable frame is used inappropriately, traffic accident, crash, crush, damage due to transportation, inappropriate use, or other accidental collision).
(8)Damage or malfunction caused by overloading.
(9)Damage or malfunction caused by exhaust gas, chemicals, animal feces, erosion by sea water, and so on.
(10)Consumables are not maintained or replaced timely, leading to damage or malfunction of other components.
(11)Damage or malfunction caused by riding the bike in places unsuitable for riding or for fierce competition.
(12)The seat post was not installed due to safety guidelines, causing the deformation or damage of the frame.
DARE has the right to cancel or revise the policy without additional notification. Please refer to the latest policies on our official website.